Our old pal Lonnie Scott is back, this time to talk about Snyder’s No-Fault insurance scammy scheme.
We also have audio from Steven Gursten speaking to L Brooks Patterson about the benefits of Michigan No Fault. (After the stinger)
Today we talk about:
- Why the no-fault insurance legislation will effect everyone
- Why capping no-fault at $1 million will push people into the Medicaid system and cost taxpayers more
- The average savings to a consumer is $250, which is not guaranteed savings (Only the insurance companies will save money)
- Why does Michigan pay more in auto insurance than other states?
- The credit score factor in auto-insurance
- The real math on the no-fault legislation
- Will No-Fault “reform” pass the House and the Senate?
- Is the No-Fault legislation a fundraiser for Snyder + a way to fight off an attack from the right in 2014? (Most likely)
Headlines, links, and more over the jump …
- Michigan No Fault reform: Gov. Rick Snyder’s proposal and the facts
- No Fault videos with Steven Gursten & L Brooks Patterson (bottom of page)
- No-fault auto insurance reform plan would cap benefits, lower rates
- Tim Skubick: State government secrecy takes the form of ‘work groups’
- Michigan Governor Tries To End Marijuana Reporting In Michigan
- Michigan spends $89,000 on right to work informational posters
- Poll shows support for Medicaid expansion in Michigan, but political differences evident
- Ex-state GOP chief’s Facebook post pokes fun at Detroit
- Michigan campaign finance: See who’s funding ballot proposal to block wolf hunt, political PACs
- Decriminalize marijuana? Michigan AG Bill Schuette doesn’t want to go down that road
- The deadly helmet law repeal
5 Minute Activism:
Ask 1-3 people if they have registered to vote and if they plan on voting in 2014. You don’t have to get into a political conversation or ask who they are voting for or anything else that might be uncomfortable. This is just to remind people and to raise awareness of voting.