Today we talk to Dawud Walid about the environment since the Boston bombings.
Today we talk about:
- The impact of the Boston tragedy on immigration reform
- Bullying incident in Oakland County
- The importance of adults to be aware of their influences on young people
- The Muslim Students of America
- Marginalized groups such as Muslims, LGBTQ, etc., must build coalitions to become more powerful
- Ghettoizing American Muslims
- Dawud Walid
- Boston bombing should not delay immigration reform
- Islamophobia in Michigan – Dawud Walid podcast from 4/16
Headlines & more:
- Highlights from CAIR Michigan 2013 banquet (video)
- Bosnians in St. Louis: “Right Skin Color, Wrong Religion”?
- Ingraham pushes for an end to all Muslim immigration
- Four months after Newtown, gun bills find little traction in Michigan Legislature – for now
- Researchers Finally Replicated Reinhart-Rogoff, and There Are Serious Problems.
- Does High Public Debt Consistently Stifle Economic Growth? A Critique of Reinhart and Rogoff
- Grad Student Who Shook Global Austerity Movement : Daily Intelligencer
- The Jobless Trap
- Motive in Boston bombings: Look to tribal code of honor
- State Department of Civil Rights Not In Line With Gov. Snyder’s Views [Michigan Capitol Confidential]
- Feinstein Calls Out Peter King’s Islamophobia and ‘Hatred’ for Muslims
- Difference Between Islam and Muslim
5 Minute Activism:
Contact Governor Snyder and tell his office that you do not want his “skunk works” voucher plan.
Here’s the original pdf copy of the Oxford “Skunk Works” project to ‘voucherize’ public schools.
After the final stinger – Some Grey Bloke on Islamophobia
Don’t forget you can comment on this post, leave us a voicemail using the voicemail widget, or use the contact link to send me an email.