So tonight is the night when the progressives all get together and listen to Governor Snyder brag about gutting the state. I don’t know about the rest of you but I usually celebrate this kind of thing with some Twitter smack-talk. If you’re new to all of this, here is some information that may be of assistance:
- #MISOTS – the hashtag for the State of the State tweets
- www.progressmichigan.org/2012SOTS – the url to follow Progress Michigan’s real time through Twitter, Facebook, and video
- RT – Retweet. Just like a repeat. Just like an email forward. Just like it sounds. Re. Tweet.
- MT – Modified tweet. Can’t quite retweet? Modify & pass it on. Just preface it with MT @originalsource
- PRT – Partial retweet. Again, just like is sounds.
- HT – Hat tip. Got a link or a tip courtesy of someone else? Give them a HT.
And some helpful shorthand for tonight:
- AYFKMWTS – Are you f—ing kidding me with this s—?
- GTFOOH – Get the f— out of here
- OH – Overheard
- NFW – No f—ing way
- FML – F— my life
- FWIW – For what it’s worth
- QOTD – quote of the day
- BTW – By the way
- BFN – Bye for now
- AFAIK – As far as I know
- STFU – Shut the f— up
- @onetoughnerd – Governor Snyder
- @bloggingformich – the official BFM account
- @christinebarry – Christine (yours truly)
- @eclectablog – Chris Savage / Eclectablog
- @anne_savage – Anne Savage, our photographer
- @gretchenwhitmer – Senator Gretchen Whitmer, superstar
- @tonytrupiano – Tony Trupiano of First Shift
I’m know I’m not getting everyone who will be in on the conversation, so please add your hashtag or handle in the comments so that you can be included!
(cannot believe I did not include @progressmich. Seriously Christine??? )